ページ

Sep 24, 2012

Installing new methods

 It's difficult for novice gardeners like me to pursuing 100% organic gardening but I believe pursuing 80%~90% organic gardening can be feasible with installing new methods to decrease usage of chemical things like pesticide.

 I install 2 new methods, companion planting and yellow buckets.

 I planted romaine lettuces beside Chinese cabbages for warding off young worms which like to eat Chinese cabbages. Romaine lettuces can fume odor which young worms hate so they can't get close to planting ridges where the lettuces are planted.

 My 2nd method is placing yellow buckets beside my vegetables.

 It took 1 week since I had installed them and I found them very effective to repel aphids!
As I mentioned on my previous blog, aphids can be allured by yellow color. And I found hundreds of aphids were drown in water in the yellow buckets and no aphids on my vegetables!


Both of the methods are reasonable and cheep to install so I would like you to try them.

1 comment:

Natalie Cleary said...

What did you place in the buckets to make it yellow?