ページ

Jun 9, 2012

Harvesting potatoes in a rainy season

 Some leaves of my potatoes have become yellow, which shows it is the time to harvest potatoes. But most of the leaves are still green and I wonder when I should harvest all of them since a rainy season (梅雨/Tsuyu) will start in a few days in my place. We should harvest potatoes in a sunny and dry day because wet mud on potatoes have to be dried.

 Today was not fine with many crowd and no shower so I decided to select mature potatoes and harvest them.
 I found potato trees with yellowish leaves and dug them out. I found from 5 to 8 potatoes per tree and 2 or 3 of them were big, which shows this year's result of my potatoes is better than that of last year.
 Eventually, I harvested about 70 potatoes till scattered shower interfered me. About two-thirds of my potatoes are still in soil. I have less chance to harvest during the rainy season so I'll have to watch weather reports carefully to see when I should harvest them.

Today's dinner: Deep-fried potatoes

Butter and say-sauce are added on the potato.
Just try it! I make sure you will be satisfied with the taste!



1 comment:

~TastyTravels~ said...

Congratulations on your potato harvest! I hope the weather clears for another harvest soon!