ページ

Apr 29, 2012

The Onion Festival

 Hurrah for a bumper harvest of my onions! 

 Today I held "the Onion Festival", where my family harvested 70 onions of 150, which had been planted in last November. The 70 onions are rareripe or early maturing variety so they've grown well in only 5 months. 
 Harvesting those onions is so tough that I had to ask my family for their help. They were so kind and cooperative and especially my daughter got excited in harvesting them. I know the reason why she enjoyed harvesting onions. She loves onion rings!

 I always feel fulfilled when harvested vegetables are aligned on soil.
 After harvesting the onions, we cut out the onions' leaves. 
 We have to bind them in order to hang them up on a wall of my house and dry them.

Other 70 purple onions are still growing in my garden and will be harvested in a few weeks. That means we'll have the 2nd onion festival in the near future!

2 comments:

Charmcitybalconygarden said...

That's a lot of onions! So great that it was a fun family activity!

Autumn Belle said...

That's really a lot of onions! I usually grow spring onions for garnishing my dishes.