ページ

Mar 11, 2012

Germination in a new gardening space

 The spinach and pak-chois, which were seeded in a expanded gardening space 2 weeks ago, have germinated and been growing faster in a vinyl tunnel.

Spinach sprouts
 I've learned how important proper thinning-out is for growing bigger leaf vegetables from my experience so I secured more space for the growth of the spinach and pak-chois with about 10cm interval between each other.
Pak-choi sprouts
 The weather since mid of Feb has been so tricky that some day was warm without wearing an overcoat while other day was severely cold. I had thought that I wouldn't have need a vinyl tunnel any more but I decided to continue it due to cold days.
One of the expanded gardening spaces

My daughter harvesting the first-generation spinach.

The first spinach, which were seeded last year, have grown to 20cm height.



No comments: