ページ

Aug 28, 2011

My kids planted 4 cabbages.

 My kids seem to love planting vegetables as well as harvesting them.
 After we cultivated some soil beds today, they asked me to let them plant 4 cabbage sprouts.
They knew I bought the sprouts and would plant them today and they were looking forward to doing it.


 When they started planting them, they dealt with the sprouts so carefully not to hurt the sprout's roots. I believe they know their way to plant them can affect the growth of the vegetables.


 I'm very happy that they know what we should do next after planting them. My son, Kazuya, said " Dad, we'll have to make "straw beds" for them, right?". Yes, you are right! I left making straw beds to him and he made it successfully. He also know the beds can keep water inside and make the soil wet even in a hot summer.





 Setting a insect screen is still difficult for my kids so I did it. I believe today's their efforts can contribute to great harvest in the near future.


-- iPadから送信

1 comment:

Ali said...

That's lovely Takaeko, wonderful that you are sharing your love for the garden with your children. I'll bet you get some fabulous cabbage!