ページ

Jun 20, 2011

Harvesting all of my potatoes

As I said in my previous blog, we are in the mid of a rainy season starting from the mid of May and have less opportunity to harvest my potatoes. But I found it was cloudy in the morning and rainfall was not forecasted so I saw it the last chance to dig out all of my potatoes.

Digging out potatoes for short time requires more manpower. I could get help of my wife and daughter today. Thanks to their help, we could managed to finish harvesting all of them despite scattered shower, fortunately not heavy.


I had some extra seed potatoes after seeding in my garden so I planted them in a plastic planter.


That sounded experimental to me and I wondered if they could grow in the tiny space but we got 10 potatoes! That is a discovery which shows a potato can be grown in a planter.


All of harvested potatoes are dried and preserved in a balcony of my house.



-- from iPad

2 comments:

Mark Willis said...

A great harvest! I'm planning to lift the first of mt potatoes this coming weekend, just to see what they are like. They may still be a little too small - but we shall see!

Ali said...

Oh lovely Takaeko. How many potatoes did you get? And how many did you plant?