ページ

Apr 20, 2011

The Growth of my potatoes

 Potatoes are one of most important vegetables for me ( for you, I believe ) because they are so multi-purpose that we can use them in various dishes.
 Seeing the growth of my potatoes shown below, I believe my family, especially my wife, will be happy to imagine that she would not need to buy any potato during this summer. Well, I also feel responsibility for growing and harvesting my potatoes. Judging from my potato's growth, I think they are so healthy so far.






-- from iPad

4 comments:

Mark Willis said...

They look pretty good to me Takaeko. Mine are not quite as big as yours yet. I don't think I will have a huge harvest to last me all Summer, but for me the taste of home-grown new potatoes is unbeatable, so I always want to grow at least a few.

Ali said...

Hey Takaeko, I am particularly interested in potatoes because I am growing mine right now too. They would be at around the same stage as yours I would say. How many potatoes did you end up planting, and how many do you expect to get?

takaeko said...

>Mark
I know much amount of potatoes are used in the British dishes as well as onions so you might pay more attention to potato's growth.

>Ali
Well, I think that it would be successful for us to harvest 6 to 10 potatoes per seed potato so in my case I planted 20 potatoes. I expect to get 120 to 200 potatoes this summer. Good luck with yours!

Ali said...

Right, I will go and plant some more potatoes right now!