ページ

Feb 11, 2011

Early spring has gone away again.

During the past few weeks it had been so warm that everyone would assume that spring had been coming soon. But that assumption clearly ended up with "assumption" when I saw all gardens in my neighbors were covered with heavy snow. My kids and their friends were enjoying snowball fight but I could not help worrying about what happens to my garden.


I'm very scared to see what really happens to my garden because we've faced that scale of snow coverage for the first time since opening my garden. I worried about my vinyl tunnels but they seem to bear with weight of snow barely.


Unfortunately, one of my tunnels was "flatten" by snow accumulation.



-- from iPad

2 comments:

Mark Willis said...

I had the same problem with my fleece coverings for the raised beds, at Christmas time. Maybe you need to make some extra wire hoops for the vinyl tunnels? I recommend the metal coat-hanger as a cheap source of suitable wire!

takaeko said...

>Mark
If such heavy snow had been expected, I should have made the structure of my tunnels stronger enough to bear with the weight of snow.
Snow accumulation is so rare in Osaka that all public transportation there have been still paralyzed!