ページ

Dec 25, 2010

Year-end greeting to our gardening teacher.


Today our family visited my wife's aunt to express our appreciation to her support for us.
And we found something interesting there.

The vegetables shown above are bunches of mustard greens which were harvested and were waiting for being packed. They will be distributed to local stores.



The most attractive thing there was a big daikon radish with about 20cm diameter!! My wife's aunt said that daikon has bolted but the size shows how nutritious and fertile the soil in her garden is.




We got some presents from her. The first one is turnips. I and my wife are wondering how we'll cook them but I prefer turnips boiled in fish broth.




The second one is 2 packs of fermented cow manure. I am considering reorganization of my garden and making the soil fertile is on my list. I'll put the manure into the soil and let the soil rest for a while.


-- from iPod touch

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The big daikon radish is amazing !!!!
Merry Christmas to you and to your family.

p3chandan said...

Wow! That is one big radish and one big pot of soup to make!