ページ

Dec 1, 2010

Reanimated komatunas



I set up some vinyl tunnels 3 days ago for my komatunas which had been suffered from poor germination and I'm very happy to see today how effective they are.

You can see arrays of my komatunas have grown well in the above photo.
I saw much less germination and only smaller sprouts but the growth only for 3 days are so impressive. Fortunately it was very fine through this week, which could make the air inside the tunnels warm.


The first generation komatunas shown above seem to welcome the vinyl tunnels. They have been troubled in less germination and growth but since the tunnels were installed their growth has been so remarkable that I can expect to harvest them in the near future.


-- from iPad

4 comments:

Bangchik and Kakdah said...

the plastic sheet has been very helpful, protecting young plants against the the terror of weather. cheers, ~bangchik

takaeko said...

>Bangchik
I had wondered what caused the poor germination but the tunnels seem to solve the problem. The planting beds for my komatunas are shaded from afternoon so the shortage of sunlight and warm temperature might be the cause.

Pat said...

It looks like a greenhouse...great idea.
I guessing your komatunas is a type of spinach that is a winter crop.
We grow mostly tomatoes and peppers except for all my flowers.

Malay-Kadazan girl said...

Wonderful that it has grown so rapidly for you and keep the pest away.