ページ

Nov 5, 2010

Today's dinner



 As I noticed in the last comment, I'll show you a dish cooked by my wife using thinned out white radishes shown above.




Here is a grilled sliced pork with scrambled egg and white radish sprouts.
The dish is seasoned with salt,black pepper.

I'll show you the recipe.

1. Make scrambled egg and put it aside on a plate.
2. Grill sliced pork and white radish sprouts.
3. Put the scrambled egg into the pan of the pork and sprouts.
4. Mix all ingredients and add salt and black pepper.
5. Completion.

The dish is so easy and simple that everyone can enjoy cooking it. The point is to prepare scrambled egg separately from pork and sprouts. That can make the dish look more beautiful.

-- from iPad

2 comments:

Mark Willis said...

It's good that you don't waste the thinned-out seedlings. Many people would just throw them away. Some people say that the same amount of flavour exists in the plant, whether it is big or small. If you pick the plant when it is small, the flavour will be very concentrated. If you leave the plant to get big, it will seem less flavoursome, because the same amount of flavour is spread over a bigger area. Do you agree???

takaeko said...

>Mark
I agree with you. I think bigger fruits is less tasty. But I don't think smaller ones have concentrated flavor. If the idea is true, do you think smaller apple is sweeter? I don' think so.
The bottom line is that we can not miss when we should harvest. We have to know an appropriate size, color, and weight of fruits and vegetables, which would tell you if you should harvest or not.