ページ

Sep 20, 2010

Soil improvement

A cause of less productive summer vegetables and their standing dead is not only Heat wave in this summer but less nutritious and fertile soil, I guess.

After the end of summer vegetables like green-pepper,tomatoes and cucumbers, I pulled all them out and refilled 4 packs of organic fertilizers (mixed with fermented cow manure,wood chips an so on) into the ridge.

I'll seed winter vegetables like Chinese lettuce,white radish which are very popular in Japan for Japanese pot dishes (Nabe) in winter.

2 comments:

Bangchik and Kakdah said...

I thought you are going to let soil rest for a while, but you go on with winter vegetables. That's productive! ~bangchik

takaeko said...

Bangchik>
Well,I've realized soil in my garden is less nutritious judging from the output till this summer.

After adding fertilizer,I've been letting soil rest for 1 week and have planted 10 young plants of Chinese cabbage on the ridge hoping make them productive and delicious!